all challenges foodie design teams digital hybrid tutorials xyz
"For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, saith the Lord. For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts. For as the rain cometh down, and the snow from heaven, and returneth not thither, but watereth the earth, and maketh it bring forth and bud, that it may give seed to the sower, and bread to the eater: So shall my word be that goeth forth out of my mouth: it shall not return unto me void, but it shall accomplish that which I please, and it shall prosper in the thing whereto I sent it." ~ Isaiah 55: 8-11

5.02.2013

FOODIE : Another Name for Myself...


This post might not really be educational on a process, but it is educational about my passion for cooking. 

Day 2, Thursday: Educate us on something you know a lot about or are good at. Take any approach you'd like (serious and educational or funny and sarcastic)


      

I love love love to cook! Especially soups and stews. I have tons of recipes books, and watch Food Network like a dude watches sports. Coming from the south, you'd expect we eat a lot of grits and gravy, and deep fried everything here, but actually I don't cook southern food much at all! Jeff is Dutch-Indonesian, and a lot of what I cook is Asian influenced. Soba noodles, miso paste, fish sauce, bonito flakes - anything exotic, can always be found in my pantry. 

Luckily, we live in an area close to an army base, with a substantial population of Koreans, and therefore, Korean markets! If you know what you're looking for and don't mind digging around food packaging that may or may not contain English, you can find tons of wonderful things! I like to go and buy all kinds of items and then play in my kitchen! One thing I have found that I love is Bulgogi sauce.... a steak marinaded in this stuff is the BOMB... now I don't want to eat a steak any other way!

Well, I could drone on and on about food, but I won't. I'm hoping to start including more pics and recipes from my culinary adventures here. See that tab up there that says "Foodie"? I've been working on setting it up, so stay tuned!

      

Bye for now,

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails