all challenges foodie design teams digital hybrid tutorials xyz
"For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, saith the Lord. For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts. For as the rain cometh down, and the snow from heaven, and returneth not thither, but watereth the earth, and maketh it bring forth and bud, that it may give seed to the sower, and bread to the eater: So shall my word be that goeth forth out of my mouth: it shall not return unto me void, but it shall accomplish that which I please, and it shall prosper in the thing whereto I sent it." ~ Isaiah 55: 8-11

3.30.2012

BEFUDDLED mixed media canvas / ADFD #40...


Good morning again! This is a little different for me, these days. Years and years ago I was a painter, sculptor and printmaker. I've had a jones to paint lately after seeing the gorgeous "she~art" that people have been doing. Once I located my paints, I realized just how long it had been - they were all dried up - LOL! Luckily Michael's had an awesome sale last weekend and I bought new ones. 

So with today's release at A Day For Daisies of "Bewildered", I decided to just go for it! The canvas is 3" squared. Yes, very small! The challenge at ADFD is to use found paper, so the ADFD digi (called Bewildered C) is printed on a check duplicate and the background is from the newspaper. You can just see it peeking through. The stamps are from Papertrey Ink & Stampin' Up!.


I have to say, I've missed painting! So stay tuned - you'll be seeing more of these mixed media canvases!!!

Thank you so much for stopping by!

15 comments:

Linda said...

Wow this is wonderful Arielle!

Broni said...

I'm in total awe, Arielle! This is spectacular and I certainly hope you'll be doing more painting!!!

Unknown said...

WOW Arial I'm speechless, this is just gorgeous.
hugs
Ildiko

Lynn Put said...

Beautiful!!!

She's a Color Queen said...

HOLY WOW! Stunning!

Ellis said...

Love what you have made Arielle! =)
Hugs, Elenor

DonnaMundinger said...

AMAZING! I sure would love to try my hand at mixed media. I just love this so much! xxD

Tracy said...

She's just fantastic Arielle! I need to try the mixed media thing but I'm a chicken. LOL This is so cool!!!

Alice said...

wow! amazing work of art, Arielle! love love this!

Vicky Hayes said...

It's just beautiful Arielle!

N@ Ali said...

this is absolutely stunning!!

Welcome! said...

This is A-M-A-Z-I-N-G Arielle!!! Absolutely gorgeous! So creative and I love the colours! Can't wait to see more!
Hugs, K

Jenn Borjeson said...

I don't know how I missed this last week! Arielle, it's just stunning. I think her eyelashes are my favorite part, but the whole thing is just amazing. I've been experimenting with paint and it's so much fun, I have plans to do more this Summer, can't wait! :)

JESSICA said...

This is a little masterpiece, Arielle!!! I want to learn how to do something as pretty as this canvas. Love this piece!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)

Unknown said...

I saw this in the row of links at the bottom of today's post and had to click over...GORGEOUS!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails