all challenges foodie design teams digital hybrid tutorials xyz
"For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, saith the Lord. For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts. For as the rain cometh down, and the snow from heaven, and returneth not thither, but watereth the earth, and maketh it bring forth and bud, that it may give seed to the sower, and bread to the eater: So shall my word be that goeth forth out of my mouth: it shall not return unto me void, but it shall accomplish that which I please, and it shall prosper in the thing whereto I sent it." ~ Isaiah 55: 8-11

7.03.2011

Printing Digital Images in Word

For those of you who may have been a little wary of using digital images because you think you need some "special" computer program, this one's for you!

Most computers have Microsoft Word, and it's a perfect tool for working with digital images and this quick tutorial will show you how!

Once you have your image, open a blank Word document.

Click on "Insert" and then "Picture". A box will open up for you to choose the digital stamp you want to open. Once you choose it, click the "Insert" button. (You can click on the images below to see them larger.)


Once your digi opens, click "Format", then "Position" and then "More Layout Options".


Choose "Behind text". I always do this because it lets you move the image around the page so that you can either add other images or multiples of the same one. Sometimes it's good to make a few of the same image on the page in case you make a mistake working with the first one.


Next click "Crop". This will allow you to trim any white space around an image. (All images from the Wax Fruit Company are already trimmed, so if you're using one, you could skip this step!)


Once cropped, you can then re-size the image by choosing the little checkbox on the bar that says "Size". If you crop the image closely you will know exactly the size at which your image will print.



Following the same steps, I usually will go ahead and add some digital papers to the page to print. I plan on paper piecing with the red polka dot paper, so I crop it to just fit the image.

When you choose to set these images "behind text" you can overlap them, which helps if you're going to paper piece digitally. First I print the patterned paper covering the image, then I move it over & run my paper through the printer again. Now the image is "colored" in & I can cut it and piece it.


Or, if I'm going to color with Copics, but I have some other papers I want to use for my card, I'll set my page up like this. Once printed, I use these like I would any paper for my card. The cool thing is, I can save the file and print it again if I ever need to!



I hope this little tutorial has alleviated some of the fears people have of trying digital stamps. And if you have any questions, please feel from to email me!



I didn't use the green I printed - LOL! But here's the card!

Bye for now...

2 comments:

Maggie Lamarre said...

Luv the step by step tutorial on how to print.

Don't forget to add it to our linking party for our readers to discover your blog at

http://www.passionatelyartistic.com/2011/06/2011-4th-of-july-celebration-menu-from.html
Maggie
http://passionatelyartistic.com

Kathy Martin said...

Fun, artsy card! :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails