all challenges foodie design teams digital hybrid tutorials xyz
"For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, saith the Lord. For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts. For as the rain cometh down, and the snow from heaven, and returneth not thither, but watereth the earth, and maketh it bring forth and bud, that it may give seed to the sower, and bread to the eater: So shall my word be that goeth forth out of my mouth: it shall not return unto me void, but it shall accomplish that which I please, and it shall prosper in the thing whereto I sent it." ~ Isaiah 55: 8-11

10.18.2009

DELIGHTFUL DECORATIONS a la RETRO / USSIS#27 & JUGS3...


AAHHH ~ I'm still being bitten by the retro bug...




Yes, I know this SU! Ski Slope paper is retired, and I'm sorry - but I loved it so much I bought a ton of it before it went away & I just HAD to use it for this challenge! I played along again this week with Unscripted Sketches, and a new-to-me challenge, at Just Us Girls (anyone ever seen a guy in one of these challenges? Maybe it IS just us girls...).


Delightful Decorations is a Stampin' Up! set featured in the Holiday Mini. And even better, there's a punch, the Ornament Punch, that goes with it - YAY - no cutting out required! For the funky retro background, I punched out a bunch of small ovals out of different designs of the designer series paper, layed it out in a pattern & trimmed where it hung over the sides of the card. You could do the same with any shape...


Thanks so much for looking,

15 comments:

Gwen said...

Beautiful!!!! love your use of paper!!!

Liz said...

Great take ont he sketch beautful card

Andrea M said...

Gorgeous card! Great take on the challenge. Thanks for sharing :)

Dana Gustafson said...

Ohhhh myyyyy! THis is SO beautiful! I am so glad you stocked up on that gorgeous ski slope paper. I love how you used ovals of it to create your custom backgrouns. Really really beautiful!

I am so glad you could play with Just Us Girls this week!

Lisa Kind said...

You really did a great job with these challenges! I love the way you used the ovals to create the background. The more I see those ornaments and that punch, the more I want it! Thanks so much for playing the JUGs challenge!

AKiteFlier said...

Very clever background and a good idea to file away *grin* Your final project turned out so pretty. Thanks for playing along with Just Us Girls. Hope you'll return on Saturday for a whole new challenge.

Sarah said...

WOW that is awesome! I love the papers...and the color combo from the JUGS challenge site is YUMMY!
Awesome card, it really took my breath away. Thanks for playing along with us at Unscripted.
Sarah M
Unscripted DT

Mona Pendleton said...

Oh! What a pretty card! :) I just love that set & punch! One of my all time faves now. Thanks for playing along with the girls at the Just Us Girls Challenge site. I hope to see more of your work in all the upcoming challenges! :) TFS

Alison said...

Love the colour combo with these papers. The little ribbon loops are really cute.

Maria said...

This is fabulous! Awesome job on the challenge. I love the stamps you used. Thanks for playing along with us.

Marge said...

This is just the cutest card!!! Love it!!!

Kristin Eberline said...

This is BEAUTIFUL!! Love how you distributed the colors to show such a vivid contrast! Also love your take on the sketch and those ribbon tabs. Soooo pretty :O)

Thanks for playing with Just Us Girls this week! Hope to see you again on Saturday for a fun 3-D challenge hosted by our sweet Mona!

3treescreations@gmail.com said...

Such a beautiful card!! Love all your details!

Dawnll said...

Love the retro look and think these were great choices for the card. Thanks for playing along with US this week.

Unknown said...

Gorgeous card! Love all of the elements. Beautiful colors too! So glad you joined us for this weeks US challenge!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails