all challenges foodie design teams digital hybrid tutorials xyz
"For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, saith the Lord. For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts. For as the rain cometh down, and the snow from heaven, and returneth not thither, but watereth the earth, and maketh it bring forth and bud, that it may give seed to the sower, and bread to the eater: So shall my word be that goeth forth out of my mouth: it shall not return unto me void, but it shall accomplish that which I please, and it shall prosper in the thing whereto I sent it." ~ Isaiah 55: 8-11

2.20.2009

5TH AVE. FUNKYness / CPS #103 & CTD #30...




Although I loved the colors from Color Throwdown #30, I thought they were a bit hard this week! Of course, then I looked at the weekly sketch over at Card Positioning Systems and it looked hard, too, so I thought I might as well put 'em together!

I mounted another new set for this one, Fifth Avenue Floral, from Stampin' Up! And I tell you, I have only begun to play with this set~ I LOVE IT!!!

The top flower was colored in using blender pens and classic ink. I used my glue pad to add the sentiment, which I dusted in blue glitter. I also added orange glitter (glitter from Martha Stewart, of course!) in a couple places using a glue pen. The punch is also from Martha... I saw it used on someone else's card a few weeks ago and my quest to acquire it began... isn't it great how easily we are enabled by everyone?

I know I'm not alone... my husband thinks there ought to be a support group of some kind for people like me who snap up each & every stamp/punch/brad/etc... I see, but he knows we'd just egg each other on to collect more! LOL!

Have a great day!

10 comments:

Tammy Hershberger said...

Wow, I love this! The outlines of the flowers are so simple and elegant! Makes me want to order Whispy Blooms from Our Craft Lounge to CASE your card! Thanks for playing the Throwdown!

Barbara said...

What a pretty card! Love the outlined flower and how you colored it! Thanks for playing the Throwdown--hope to see you again next time!

Lea L. said...

This is so pretty! I love those colors, and the stamping is fabulous! Great job with sketch 103...thanks for playing at CPS this week!

~Lea

Linda Beeson said...

WOW! So love the colors you put along with those wonderful flowers! Great card, great use of the CPS sketch.

Lynn P. said...

You did a fabulous job on the sketch and the colors. Love those stamps.

dpkennedy said...

Very pretty card! You did a great job with these "difficult" colors! The punched edge is so pretty too! Thanks so much for playing the CTD!

Pat (mspfd) said...

Gorgeous, gorgeous card. If has such a fresh look. Love how you incorporated the throwdown colors.

Anonymous said...

Pretty card! That set is on my wish list!

Broni said...

This is one of my favorite new sets too, but I haven't even inked it up yet! I love how you used the colors for the flowers and that bow is great! You rocked the CPS sketch too!

Kathryn said...

So BEAUTIFUL -- LOVE that flower -- it's absolutely gorgeous!!
:)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails